Here are my top 5 tips on how to get in shape, that works wonders alongside going to the gym.
- Nutrition – The food you eat on a daily basis is which I am sure you are aware of is the biggest factor in achieving your body composition goals. Make sure it has varied colours of fruit and vegetables, contains protein, fats and carbohydrates.
- Sleep – Adequate amount of sleep per night isessential for you to improve you body composition. If we don’t get enough sleep, ideally 7 to 8 hours a night, then you are more likely to choose poor food choices.
- Stress – Stress is a huge killer of your body of dreams, as it spikes the stress hormone cortisol. Excessive amounts of cortisol outside of training, causes weight gain, specifically around the stomach. Try meditation and positive thinking when feeling stressed.
- Hydration – Very overlooked but very important for health and body composition. Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- NEAT – Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis includes walking, cleaning, just normal day to day activity. This is a huge part of your fat loss efforts. If you have a stationary job, try going to a walk at lunch times or in the evenings to help increase overall activity.